OPS continues to be one of the UK's leading photographic societies and our aim is to promote an appreciation of all forms of photography, as well as encourage participation no matter what your level of experience or area of interest – newcomers are very welcome. If there is something you think we could or should do, then please let us know!
Our key activities include:-
- Meetings – every Tuesday during our September – May season. This is our main point of contact with each other, The programme has a variety of guest speakers, competitions and discussion evenings, with occasional practical sessions. Your first visit is absolutely free and you are welcome to attend as a visitor for as long as you like whilst you decide if membership is for you. We hold a pre-meeting huddle for newcomers – between 7.30~7.45pm - you are invited to join other newcomers in hearing more about the evening’s events and what to expect.
- After the meeting their is always a social gathering in the pub. This gives an opportunity for informal chats on all sorts of things including photography!
- An annual exhibition to showcase the work of all members.
- Special interest groups, supported by enthusiasts who arrange a variety of activities to share their knowledge and experience.
- Photo Trips – informally day trips arranged by various club members to visit places of interest in the UK. Past trips have visited Stonehenge, Sheffield, Brighton and Slimbridge.
Opportunities to enter club competitions, national and international exhibitions/salons. Our members have achieved wide ranging success and will be happy to support and encourage others.
- Annual Subscription - £35
- Joint Membership - £65
- Visitors - £3*
- Paid up members - £1*
First time visitors pay the visitor fee of £3 (£5 for premium events) which would be refundable against the annual membership subscription if membership is taken out during the season
50% discount for membership of OPS, if you are a member of OUPS
* Per meeting including free drink and raffle entry
OPS promises a great season - if you would like to know more take a look around the web site or contact us - we look forward to hearing from you!